Monday, 20 April 2015

Get To Know The Blogger : Liebster Award





Kelly A at Amour Tera has nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is a tag that’s currently making the rounds in the blogosphere. Thank you for the nomination Kelly ^__^! 

Click the link above to go to Kelly’s blog and see the questions she’s answered - she has two sets up as two people nominated her, so check it out~

So here's how it goes:

Link your nominator(s) and provide links back to their blog. List 11 facts about yourself, then answer the 11 questions your nominator(s) posed to you. Then, create 11 new questions for 11 new nominees who have under 200 blog followers. Let your new nominees know, and that's it!

Kelly A’s Questions:

1. What's your favorite album?

So first of all you guys are going to quickly find out that I’m a Kpop addict and I have… less usual taste in music I guess? Honestly at the moment my favourite album is 2NE1’s CRUSH, possibly tied with FEMM-Inize by FEMM. I love every single track off both albums so I’d be hard pressed to choose a favourite (FEMM is a Japanese duo but their music is in English so even if you’re offput by Kpop I would recommend checking them out ^^). If I had to choose a favourite album from the English speaking world I would have to say Meds by Placebo or Crash Love by AFI.

2. What's your favorite lipstick color?

Right now I’m on the hunt for My Perfect Lavender, which I feel is going to be unending, but I can’t really mark that as my favourite can I? I wear a lot of pinks and pink-neutrals but my favourite has to be red; I can’t think of anything else that can make you look so put together with absolutely no effort than throwing on a red lip.

3. If you could have one wish, what would it be?

Honestly it would probably be for teleportation to be a legit thing so I don’t have to spend a small fortune, holiday days at work, and hours on a plane to visit my family back in Canada. It’s been four years now since I’ve been back – how amazing would it be to just blink and be able spend the weekend with them?? Or to spend an evening in Japan during sakura season. 

4. What was the last thing you laughed at?

I don't even know - I joke around a lot so it was probably something inane and stupid haha.

5. How was your day today?

It’s been okay I guess? Not great though, as I found out a friend of mine had some devastating news this weekend, so I’m feeling for her – also still stressing and waiting for news about what’s happening next with my cat’s cancer, the vet just said she'll call again later in the week after she's had a second opinion. And I only had around four hours of sleep last night so I’m exhausted. But on the whole today has been okay so far; I’m ready to get into my bed though!

6. Where has the best coffee?

Tim Hortons, which is a damn shame since they don’t have a presence where I live (still holding out hope that the BK buyout means they’ll expand internationally!) In England I admit I tend to stay by the big franchises – Starbucks for Frappucinnos, Costa for flavoured lattes or other cold drinks (iced tea, blended lemonade)

7. What kind of phone do you have?

White/Gold iPhone 5S (with the biggest memory available because apparently I don’t know how to function without ~6,000 songs at my disposal at any given moment.

8. What’s your favourite Instagram account?

This is probably bad but at the moment I’m not sure I have one? I follow a few amazing makeup artists but I don’t spend enough time on Instagram to have a firm favourite yet! Something I really need to rectify ^^;

9. If you could go to any concert, front row, what would it be? Where?

If I could go to ANY concert, no restrictions – it would be a Michael Jackson show, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen (though I was lucky enough for my first ever concert experience to be a Michael Jackson tour around 15+ years ago). If we’re talking something that could actually maybe happen, I’d probably choose one of the groups from my Favourite Album answer. 2NE1 is my top-top-top answer, but I’d love to see FEMM live, or be front-row at an AFI or Placebo concert!

10. Where are you from?

I was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Canada until I was 18 years old – then I moved to England the beginning of the summer after I graduated from high school ^_^

11. What’s one thing that happened today that made you smile?

When I got up this morning I had a nice little cuddle with my kitty-cat before I had to get ready to work, which was lovely. Honestly, it’s the simple things sometimes.

I tag:

1. Holly-Lucy of Tea and Blush

2. Lorna of Life by LDE

3. Julia of Miss Julzies

4. Danielle of Dot About Town

5. Chloe of ChloEllio 

6. Kathryn of Kathryn Charlotte B

7. Freddy Friday of My Sister Monster Disaster

8. Chloe of Love From Lucky 

9. Michelle of Teach In Fashion

10. Ella of Truthfully Ella

11. I also tag you, the reader! (most of the blogs I follow have more than 200 followers haha)

My questions:

1. How did you get started blogging?

2. Who is your fashion role model?

3. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could have any three things with you, what would they be?

4. Do you have any pets? What animals and what are their names?

5. If you could visit anywhere in the world for any length of time, where would you go?

6. What is your favourite song? 

7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you “grew up”?

8. What is one thing you love about yourself? 

9. What is one thing you love about your best friend?

10. Who is your favourite superhero?

11. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be and why?

4 comments:

  1. it seems so fun hehehehe, will post asap :)
    @freddy_friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these types of posts :) Great way to get to know the blogger!

    Sarah - http://www.thegirlwiththewingedliner.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I met you yesterday at the City Girls event! I'm just going through the list and following some of the lovely people I met! It was so good to see you, it was such a good afternoon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to meet you too, and the day was so amazing! I hope we can arrange a local blogger get together again sometime soon ^^ xx

      Delete