Friday 10 October 2014

First Impression Friday: MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Prolong

Welcome to the first edition of First Impression Friday!  Each week (or rather, each week that I have some new product to try out) I'll do a brief post covering my initial thoughts on something I've tested for the first time.  Please note that this will not constitute a full review, as I need more time to try out a product and make a full assessment of its' performance.

Today I've tried and tested MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcreme for the first time.  The shade of choice is Prolong, which is a nice blue-based red shade.  It's a matte finish, so it has a certain level of tackiness to it and lacks the 'slip' of a lipstick with more sheen - it's not a shade you want to be rubbing your lips together much after application, as it feels like that would really mess with the application and finish and move the product about a little too much.  I've had it on for two hours and there's absolutely no wearing off yet, which is expected, particularly for a lipstick with a matte finish (I tend to find they have somewhat better staying power in general, which may be due to the heavier texture and application).

I'll do a post on this later on with a full review with regard to things like wear-time and lasting power, but for now I want to say that it's love at first sight.  I love the coverage, the texture, the finish, and the shade.  I have one other shade from this range of lipsticks - Unlimited, which I'll test out and review another time - but already feel like I want more.  Prolong in particular, I think is quite a stark red but one that will be quite wearable across a range of skin tones.

So yes, my first impression in a nutshell is that I'm already in love, but time will tell if this will be a long-term infatuation or a short-lived fling!

Have you tried out the Pro Longwear Lipcreme range yet?  What were your thoughts?  And what is your must-have shade?

Until next time!
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment